SATISFYING SALAD SMOOTHIE
2 small Anjou pears
5-inch piece English cucumber (peeled if you cannot use organic)
1/4 head red leaf lettuce
2-3 leaves romaine lettuce
4-5 large dandelion greens
1 large stalk celery
1 lime (peeled)
2-inch piece ginger (peeled; or 1/4 teaspoon powdered)
2 small cloves garlic (peeled & smashed 10 minutes ahead)
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 cup cold water
1 cup ice
– Clean and/or chop: apples, cucumber, lettuces, dandelion greens, celery, lime, & ginger.
– Drop cut apples, lime & ice into blender first so they remain closest to the blade.
– Add cucumber, lettuces, dandelion greens, celery, lime, ginger, garlic, turmeric, pepper, & nuts.
Blend everything together on high speed for 15-20 seconds.
– Pour into 2 glasses or glass jars.
(Refrigerate in a sealed jar for no more than 48 hours.)
– Remember to “chew” each sip.
Register for a 2-hour blending session with Kris:
- Practice on 2 types of blenders
- Learn what best tools to use
- Choose ingredients from a selection of organic fruits and vegetables
- Receive 2 recipes
- Take 2 smoothies with you to enjoy
- Watch your confidence grow as you develop the skills to take control of your health